Do you feel like you and your partner aren’t really asking for and getting what you need from each other? Communication is essential in all aspects of our lives. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of communication and the critical need to be honest with yourself and your partner. Learning to relate to one another in a loving manner is crucial to having a positive and loving relationship – which in turn is essential for maintaining a healthy sex life between you.
How would you assess your ability to communicate about your relationship? Ask yourself:
- How well do I communicate with my partner? Are we making time to talk things out?
- What am I communicating to my partner through my actions?
- How will I know that things are moving in the right direction?
- Am I unhappy about anything in my present relationship?
- What am I hoping to change about my relationship?
Now consider how your relationship is affecting your libido. Communicating their wants and needs regarding their sexual relationship is especially difficult for many people.
“Self-expression must pass into communication for its fulfillment.” – Pearl S. Buck