Crazy Corona Times!
Feeling overwhelmed? Frustrated? Like you’re going to have a meltdown?
Well, you are definitely NOT alone! We are all feeling it and trying to do our best given the situation.
I wanted to share 5 tips that have helped me stay sane and healthy during these past few weeks.
- Hydrate – I’m drinking at least 70 ounces of water/day. If I’m exercising, I’m adding 10-20 ounces more. My favorite water for hydration – i-H20 by Gia Wellness.
- Ease Stress – let your feelings come out! If it means hitting a tennis ball against a backboard or venting to a good friend, let your feelings and frustrations out -- in a safe way.
- Connect- Stay connected with friends and family. Zoom and Facetime are my favorites. Even a Friday afternoon Happy Hour via Zoom works to put a smile on my face.
- Stay in the present- Take it one day at a time. Each morning when I wake up, I remind myself to be grateful for a new day. I also remind myself on the date and day of the week! During these times, we tend to forget these details. Focus on today only.
- Sleep- Getting 7-8 hours/night and even more on the weekends has helped me boost my immune system! Remember - your bedroom is your sanctuary – keep it calm and comfortable.
Speaking of bedrooms, I was recently interviewed by the Huffington Post regarding sex and the corona virus.
Check it out here!
As an Amazing Over 40 community, we will get through this.In health and happiness!
- Dr. Diana