Ageless Beauty After Forty!
We gaze at our faces in the mirror – those fine lines and wrinkles are creeping up and that 5x magnifying mirror doesn’t help matters! Are you noticing this too? Yes, it’s part of aging but how about finding ways to age gracefully while still embracing our appearance?
Yes, we all want to look our best but perhaps for different reasons. According to a recent AARP study done in 2019 found that while 66% of millennial women said they focus on beauty in order to be attractive to others, 90% of the baby boom-era women focus on beauty to be happy with their own looks. Way to go Baby-Boomers! We know we rock it!
Well, I’ve looked into this a bit and here’s what I’ve found that works best for our skin as we enter our 40’s and 50’s – to look young and still authentic!
As we enter perimenopause and menopause, estrogen levels decrease leading to less oil production in our sebaceous glands – which leads to more dryness. In addition, collagen levels decrease by 30% leading to more fine lines and wrinkles. What are some ways to help our skin as we enter into these years to look young and still authentic?
Luckily, I’ve investigated this topic and found the 5 best tips to maintain our ageless beautiful skin. All of the recommendations are for products that contain no parabens, are cruelty-free and cGMP accredited.
- Increase the amount of moisturizer you use and make sure that it contains a higher oil-water ratio than your previous moisturizer. I advise that moisturize 2 x /day, morning and night. My favorite is CeraVe.
- Use a gentle cleanser – harsh cleansers will strip your skin of its natural oil production. My recommendation is Belli Skincare Pure and Pampered Body Wash.
- Use broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Doing this in your 40’s and 50’s will make your skin in your 70’s so much happier! Badger Clear Zinc Sunscreen SPF40.
- Use a retinol cream to increase collagen production, even out dark spots, and help smooth your skin. BioBare Revivify contains 5% pure retinol, natural oils and ceramides. Does not contain colorants or fragrances.
- Hydrate- Both your skin and body need adequate hydration! Remember to drink at least ½ of your body weight in ounces of water/day. Add 20-30 ounces more if you’re doing strenuous exercise.
Please be on the look-out for my upcoming transformation course – Being Badass After 40.
To get first on the list, please make sure you’re subscribed.
SUBSCRIBE to Amazing Over 40 emails!